The history of the Château since more than two hundred years ago

Select a date
1996

Change the name of the brand

To honour the founder of the domain and reflect the improved quality of the wine, Mr. Cooreman decides to change the name of the brand, which becomes Château Bertrand Braneyre.

1993

Modernization of the property

Mr Ludwig Cooreman purchases the property and gives it a new direction :

  • Rearrangement of the barrel storehouse, construction of a new bottle storehouse and modernization of the technical facilities.
  • Purchase of 2.5ha of old grapevines planted on excellent gravelly ground. 
1980

Their descendants take over the vineyard

Their descendants take over the vineyard and expand it to 12ha. They market their products under the name Château Vieux Braneyre.

1964

The Lusset family purchases the property

The Lusset family purchases the property and replants 6 ha of grapevines. 

1900

Marie-Thérèse and Elisabeth Braneyre inherit the domain

They devote themselves for 50 years to improving the quality of their wines.